- Medium bowl
INGREDIENTS (Makes about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grenadine (for less sweet version, use 100 percent pomegranate juice)
- 1 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the vinegar, grenadine, lemon juice, mustard and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil while continuing to whisk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, usually 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of each.
- Add a few more drops of grenadine or juice to increase sweetness. Add more mustard and a splash of lemon juice to reduce sweetness.
- Pour into serving cruet.
- Make sure to shake vigorously before serving.