- Frying pan or skillet
- Casserole dish (* You could also make individual pies with medium ramekins)
- 1/2 lb. ground beef or pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 package frozen corn, or two ears fresh corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB tomato paste
- 2 TB flour
- 1 cup chicken stock (See my recipe)
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TB fresh thyme
- Mashed potatoes (I'll post my recipe soon!)
- Heat some olive oil in the skillet and saute the onions and carrots until they soften.
- Add the garlic, thyme and ground beef or pork. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When the meat is fully cooked, add the tomato paste, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until thickened.
- Add the corn and remove from heat. (Adding corn now prevents it from getting too mushy.)
- Pour into casserole dish and cover with mashed potatoes, making sure to seal the edges so mixture doesn't bubble all over the topping. The mashed potatoes will form into a crush for the "pie."
- Bake in a 385 degree oven for 30 minutes.