Got a ton of leftovers from a baked ham? This recipe was shared in a blog entry about ways to reinvent your leftovers so they don't get boring. Read it here.
- Saute pan
- Large glass mixing bowl
- Cheese grater
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2 people)
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cups light cream or half & half (half milk, half cream)
- 1/4 cup baked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated white cheddar cheese (I love Cabot)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 TB freshly chopped chives
- 1 tsp. freshly minced thyme
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Grease pan with a generous tablespoon of butter and saute onions until softened, about 3-5 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-low and add chives and thyme.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and cream in mixing bowl. Add nutmeg, plus 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.
- When saute pan has cooled on lower setting (medium-low), add egg mixture. You want the eggs to cook slowly to achieve the right texture: light and fluffy.
- Stay near the pan. Using a wooden spoon, slowly stir the mixture, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan. As the eggs heat up, they will start to scramble.
- Stir in the ham and cheese and cook until ham is heated and cheese is melted.