- Panini maker
INGREDIENTS (makes 2 paninis)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- About half a ball of fresh mozzarella, cut into thin disks, or 1/2 cup shredded
- Italian bread, 4 slices
- 1/4 cup arugula (may substitute spinach)
- 1 roma tomato
- One-half zucchini
- Dried basil and/or oregano
- 2 TB olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook as desired. Either throw them on the grill or place in a 350-degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Slice the zucchini into disks. Salt and pepper them and brush with olive oil. Grill them first on the panini maker or on an outdoor grill.
- Slice the tomato. Gently pat dry the slices with a paper towel and lightly salt on one side. Set aside.
- Brush one half of each slice of bread with olive oil
- Build each sandwich this way: Start with one slice, oil side down, and place chicken breast on top, followed by tomato slices, zucchini, arugula or spinach, and then mozzarella, sprinkled with Italian spices. Top with second slice of bread, oil side up.
- Heat in panini maker until cheese is oozy and bread is brown and crisp.