INGREDIENTS (Makes 2 appetizer salads)
- 4 cups Spring mix greens, washed and dried
- 1/3 of a goat cheese log, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts (recipe below, or purchase at grocery store on aisle with snacking peanuts)
- 1/2 unpeeled green apple, thinly sliced
- Add spring mix to salad plates.
- Split the toppings between the two salad plates, fanning the apple slices on top of each.
- Serve with my tangy pomegranate vinaigrette.
* CANDIED WALNUTS: Making your own takes just a few extra minutes and avoids using pre-packaged ones, which are usually made with high fructose corn syrup. For 1/4 cup of candied nuts, melt 1 TB of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts, stir to coat. Allow them to toast for a minute or two, then add 2 TB brown sugar. Stir to coat, remove from heat and allow to cool briefly before tossing on salad. Voila!