Got a ton of leftovers from a baked ham? This recipe was shared in a blog entry about ways to reinvent your leftovers so they don't get boring. Read it here.
- Mixing bowl
- Cheese grater
- 9-inch pie pan
- Your favorite pie crust dough (This one is perfect every time)
- 4 eggs and 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups baked ham, cubed
- 2 cups grated Gruyere cheese (Substitute option: Jarlsberg)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange your prepared dough in pie pans. Or, take ready-made pie crusts out of freezer.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mixture will be a very pale yellow color.
- Pour 1/2 egg mixture into pie pan. Top with ham and 1 1/2 cheese, arranging evenly. Finish with remaining egg mixture and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Quiche filling will appear jiggly and set as it cools. If center is still liquidy, however, give it five more minutes.